...because each of us are always on the verge of the next big thing in our lives.

Monday, July 14, 2008

I'm Baaaack...

Written during the 24 hours leading up to my return to civilization:

It's a sad day when I would rather stay in the mountains of Pigeon Forge, Tennessee with the fam than to face the impending reality that awaits me on Fantasy Island. I feel I have nothing to go back to, except things that I would be better off without.

Unrealistically tight deadlines, way too many loose ends, unreturned calls & a full inbox; the reality of unpaid bills & ridiculous rent; missed connections, misplaced dreams, comatose hopes, nothing at all worth salvaging.

I am a mess. A mess with a very dim future! Nothing is waiting for me & nothing is left.
End quote.

Yes, I exaggerate in the most dramatic way possible. And I've been in one of my moods lately. But that's my right as a chemically unstable human homo. I've been misplaced from reality just long enough to hate what I see when I look back at it. Not that the suspended reality i've been floating along in is really any better, but at least it doesn't take itself so seriously.

Sitting in the Knoxville airport:

My holiday is over.
The angst is back.
I could rhyme here, but that would be both ambitious and pathetic. So I'll leave it at that...I'm making myself miserable and I'm not sure why. Yes, I understand I still owe the world pics from both Montreal and Tennessee. I'm working on it.

Young & restless,

DWM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home