...because each of us are always on the verge of the next big thing in our lives.

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Mikey’s D’s End-of-Year Visit to the Concrete Island I Call Home

After a full week in a cabin with three Southern Baptists and only my flask to numb the pain, I was excited to be immediately submerged in a visit from my best-friend-in-the-world Michael (from P’cola, FL). He actually beat me into Laguardia by about four hours; just long enough for him to get a nice buzz going at Phoenix, while he waited for my sober ass to throw down my bags and take a short cab ride up to 13th & Ave A.

After a few cocktails, served up by the dyke bartender and her friends, the pre-party moved to Splash (don’t judge)! Of course the night wouldn’t have been complete without us running into two of my favorite C’s, Carlo & Carter (not to mention Mr. Shay who I MIGHT have made-out with on the dancefloor).

The Friday morning sun came way too soon, but we were able to conjure up the energy to trek to TKTS to get our hands on two Spring Awakening tickets for the 8pm performance. After securing the goods for $64/per, we headed south to another madhouse, Century 21. MSD picked up a scarf, I drooled over some Kenneth Cole slip-ons, and we headed back to my place just in time to chill for two seconds, freshen up, inhale some Chinese delivery, and do some tattoo research on our way to the theatre.

About Spring Awakening – can I just say that nothing since Aida has changed my world from the stage like this incredible piece of work. WERK! I have the soundtrack on constant replay and I can’t wait to see is (and that guy’s ass) again!

After taking in “The Bitch of Living”, we headed down the street to Therapy where we met up with CW before heading to the Ritz for some dirty dancing with some other locals that enjoy sweating on each other in confined spaces.

Saturday called for brunch at Sidewalk Café and a set of tattoos! Inkstop on Ave A is where we decided to put our money where our mouths were. No minimum. We walked right in. Oh, and the tattoo artist (which happened to be the owner of the place) was hot in a tatted up/dangerous kind of way.

After the painful damage was done (not before me needing Oreos to revive my hungover ass), we wandered around the EV & Soho (see pic below) until the time came when we needed to go home and change for the night’s festivities. Dinner was at Lips, an experience that is arguably not worth the money (the check for 3 ppl was $200), but was definitely a great time. Thanks for All Beef Patty for the great service!



After wrapping up dinner with Mikey D and the resident Mess (who’s should be on suicide watch), we headed to Posh, Therapy and (I think) Barrage to meet CW. I faintly remember paying $3 for a cocktail, so it might have been just a dream.

Sunday brunch proved to be quite telling, in that a 3pm reservation (organized by Carlo of course, and pictured below) turned into a 6-hour-plus booze fest that moved from the dark caverns of the Sunburnt Cow…to the slutty serenity of my apartment…to my old home at Verlaine. Sorry, Gary (the bartender), for the inappropriate display of genitalia. Don’t ask, ‘cause I don’t remember a thing. :)

The extended Sunday booze-fest with Carlo, Abe & the Nazis (featured above) proved to be detrimental to my Monday, seeing as I had to work the Project Management skeleton shift at the office until 3pm (on New Years Eve…crazy, I know!). I had the mega-shakes for most of the day, but MSD stopped by for lunch at Peep so that helped a bit.

NYE was reserved for a quiet dinner on Ave A and dancing with Tom & EJ at Rush (pics below), the seemingly revolutionized space previously preoccupied by Heaven and the twink set. I had a total blast celebratory-grinding with my bestie and one of my favorite couples in the world. I ended up taking home a loner and waking up with a splitting headache. Happy Fucking New Year!

I spent the first half of New Years Day wanting to die and the second half trying to get my life together. After Mikey D left for the airport (around 3), I was able to finally start cleaning up the mess that had been there since before I left for TN (you might here more on my trip down South later).

Overall, a NYC visit for the record books (or at least my next scrapbook)! Love you, Mikey D. Come back soon. XOXO

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw... Miss Ya!!

Thursday, January 10, 2008 6:40:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 10:43:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home