...because each of us are always on the verge of the next big thing in our lives.

Monday, April 07, 2008

Nope, That’s Not It!

Welcome back, Anonymous! Still not showing your face (or name), but I get that. You’re afraid I might focus my negative energy toward just you instead of all the mother fuckers who think the same way as you. Way to play it!

My favorite quotes from the latest comments:

“He don't want you living the way you are living and will do what he has to do to bring you back home to Him.”

At least I know it’s not my sister, the English teacher/grammar Nazi.

“You need to get on your knees and ask God to forgive you for the way you have been living and the shame and grief you have put your parents through and you need to put Jesus back in the last chapters of your life because if alcohol and drugs don't get you THE DISEASE WILL. Where do you think you'll be after that big boy.......?”

Did you just tell me to get on my knees, scream at me and then call me big boy? I love foreplay!

Enough about all that…back to important things. Me, me…and me!

For a while now, I’ve been down on my job. The agency, the people, the process...all of it. But I’m beginning to realize that it’s not my job that’s the real problem. It’s what I’m doing outside of my job that’s really fucked up and out of sync. Don’t get me wrong, I probably would be better suited working somewhere else. But for now, I’m still not sure where that somewhere else is.

In my personal life, I seem to be at a loss for a first date (much less a second one). I used to joke about being better off alone, but more and more lately I’m feeling like it’s my destiny. I’ve seemed to have lost faith in the process, in the game, in the exhausting ways of the gay life I have chosen to lead. Yes, I say chosen because there are many levels of gay. I could have made the choice to stand right outside the closet with the door still ajar, but rather I have chosen to embrace the full extent of my intrinsic gayness and slam the closet door shut on my way to the head of the pride parade.

In regards to success and wealth, I’m not nearly the person I had hoped to be at twenty-five. Sadly I think that puts me in the majority, but that comforting ratio can't comfort me forever.

In regards to who the hell DWM is, I’ve come farther then most (including myself) could ever have predicted. And that means a lot.
Before the highlights, a tribute to Anonymous (captured by MJ in Hells Kitchen)...


Sorry, I rather do this instead...


Other highlights since I’ve last posted:
I had sex, multiple times (to make up for the drought)!
(insert mental pictures here)

I went home for my cousin’s wedding reception (yes, the Cha Cha slide was involved).

I got a new phone (Pearl), dropped it on the subway tracks and recovered it all in the same day.

BWC came into the city for Easter weekend (and before that MJ & I went to DC for Mardi Gras).
MJ & I took an overnight trip to AC (Atlantic City) to see Miss America 1984 Vanessa Williams in concert at Harrah's (we even stayed in the VW suite at the Sheraton)! ;)

And did I mention KBH is coming back? 4/12 baby! :)
That's it for now. I'm gonna go back to sipping on my Bartles & Jaymes and puffing on my Marlboro Lights. You're thinking, "Seriously?"...don't judge!

2 Comments:

Blogger joshuaMICHAEL said...

atlantic city looks cold :)

yay, i made your blog..unfortunately it involved the poor phone incident. i feel really bad about that.

glad you're not dead. love you. mean it! :)

xoxo
gossip girl

Wednesday, April 09, 2008 7:13:00 PM

 
Blogger OneChance said...

HEY HEY I LOVE YOU >>>> did you figure out who the crazy comment person is ?????? i promise they probably don;t live far from me .... so weird ..... i wonder if it is still my fault .....b/c i am such a horrible person!!! LOVE YOU

Wednesday, April 30, 2008 9:18:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home