...because each of us are always on the verge of the next big thing in our lives.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Shifting Hormones

So, I started my period this afternoon :-) Yeah, I know, I’m a guy and we don’t “technically” get tha “flow”…but I think any man will tell you we experience hormone fluctuations too. And researchers have even named the condition IMS (irritable male syndrome). The male version of the overly-hyped PMS, it’s something that all men are afflicted with but that few properly acknowledge.

All I have to say is the research shows that my testosterone level is dipping, and the only treatment I can come up with is decreasing the amount of time I spend “mastering my own fate”! But rather than trying to defeat this condition, I am willing to accept the fact that my body is on a cycle…and the worst part of the cycle comes around the 21st of the month!

On an unrelated note, (as some of you know) I’ve been dealing with an addiction to FOX’s So You Think You Can Dance…and Nick is my boyfriend & needs to call me before I get upset. Oh, and I watched (or rather fast-forwarded through) episode 4 of HBO’s Rome…but only for Mark Antony’s full-frontal & let’s just say Mama was NOT impressed. ;-) However, I was intrigued by the midget cameo…and I was reminded of the time I fell asleep during Braveheart…what can I say?!...I have a chronic issue with “period pieces”.

B.C., I hope this doesn’t compromise our friendship!! *wink* (shift 8)

On an equally unrelated note, I have to share one of my fav quotes from one of my all-time fav movies, Reality Bites:

“The only thing you have to be by the age of 23 is yourself.” Guess who turned 23 this month?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home