...because each of us are always on the verge of the next big thing in our lives.

Sunday, September 11, 2005

The Fruits of a Lazy Weekend

I’ve been thinking a lot lately about putting myself back in circulation where dating is concerned. Not that I’ve technically been out of circulation the past couple months, but I’ve been especially comfortable and content with not having an ATM (at the moment) guy. The only thing holding me back from getting back out there in the game is the extreme exhaustion that comes with playing that field.

Unfortunately, part of me has given up on the idea of finding someone special to call my own. So I’m afraid I must resort to short stints of meaningless pleasure in order to receive the minimum amount of affection that I require. Of course these temporary highs can only temporarily satisfy me physically and intellectually. But what other options do I have?!

Are some people just never meant to find a special someone?! I’d say yes.

Do I believe in “the one”? No. But I do believe in there being a handful of people with which each of us are meant to share parts of our lives in an incredibly intimate way. I’m a jaded human being that is convinced that “true love” is a fairytale and “the one” does not exist.

Love & infatuation are both funny things that equally blind and confuse the hell out of me. With both of these emotions/conditions come incredible highs. But in life we’re forced to take the lows with the highs, and these universal extremes can make or break us…

We all live in extravagant times,
Playing games we can't all win.
Unintended emotional crimes,
Take some out, take others in.


To Be Continued……

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home