...because each of us are always on the verge of the next big thing in our lives.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Obamanation ‘09

I had the incredible of opportunity to spend the greater part of last week in our nation's capital enjoying the big party that comes every 4 years.

However, the vast majority of Americans I was celebrating with hadn't partied like this since 1996, or possibly ever. So you can only imagine the brand of euphoric energy that was in abundance in the 202 area code. And it most likely will be lingering for many weeks to come.

The whole trip was definitely one of the most surreal (dare I say emotional/touching) experiences of my life thus far.

Since I'm not a huge (or even small) fan of the District during a normal week of mundane political drivel, this was the perfect chance to visit without being bored/annoyed to tears. It seems like 9 or 10 lifetimes ago since I walked the hallowed halls of the Capitol building as a Republican page for the House. Oh, how far I’ve come!

This time JK and I stayed will a lovely older gay couple, one of the two being JK’s godfather. They generously opened their basement to us and they could not have been more hospitable. Meanwhile, you could definitely feel the welcome arms of a city that has been awaiting a new resident at 1600 Pennsylvania for some time now.

Cheers to Obama and his first one hundred days. May they be as productive and successful as my attempt to make this year better than 2008.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home