...because each of us are always on the verge of the next big thing in our lives.

Friday, January 02, 2009

True Love Waits…



…for no man! It’s ironic then that so many people spend so much time waiting around for love.

On New Year's Eve I accompanied MJ to the wedding ceremony and reception of one of his dearest friends from back in his Emerson glory days, and was reminded of something as I looked down the aisle of a beautiful church in Hoboken.

True love may be hard to find, but it is never hard to see. I can’t remember the last wedding I attended, understandably due to my diminishing number of straight friends. And I can’t say most straight people amuse me any more than watching paint dry. But I do know true love when I see it, and Keith and Kim are the real deal; the authentic agape. That’s why I’m not ashamed to say I teared up during the “giving consent” portion of the ceremony. This was also my first traditional catholic wedding, so that I was touched amongst the confusion and ups and downs is truly remarkable.

Maybe it wouldn’t have been quite as easy to feel the passion that was radiating from the happy couple if I hadn’t had the opportunity to hang out with them a couple times, but I would find it hard to believe that any random parishioner in that church couldn’t feel it as well. Even if it didn’t move them like it did this cold-hearted bastard.

On to the reception, while battling temperatures in the teens and both a wind chill factor and blood alcohol level of zero. The Chart House is quite a charmer. I’d say it was the perfect place to celebrate the nuptials, and even better on the most celebratory night of the year. The view across the Hudson was mesmerizing even to this jaded queen. However, the circus of dancing breeders had me briefly missing the gay ole times that were being had back in Chelsea. I must say the commotion on that dance floor briefly had me consdiering standing behind the passage of Prop 8! But then I got to thinking that a reception full of mo’s would leave nothing to be desired, and certainly nothing to the imagination. So I say take it back; the proposition that is.



But alas, I must wait for true love to find me because I’m sure as hell not going looking for it any time soon. And I won’t be exactly waiting for it when it comes, so I guess there’s always a chance it could pass me by.

But if my theory is true and true love is in fact impossible to miss, I shouldn’t have any problem lassoing the guy who makes me look at him like Keith looks at his lovely bride Kim.

Cheers to love. I may feel slightly incapable of some forms of it, but I know with all my heart that a transcendent love does exist in this fucked up world we’re living in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home