...because each of us are always on the verge of the next big thing in our lives.

Monday, December 01, 2008

I'm Thankful For...

…friends who are present when I need them to be, and absent when I want them to be. And for the forgiving cocktails that so quickly and effortlessly erase the time we spend apart.

…a family that attempts to love (the real) me in spite of my (homo) sexual orientation and (“alternative”) lifestyle choices, which go against their entire (religious) belief system. The incapability of certain kinds of love and failure to acknowledge what I do not believe in is something I’m grossly familiar with.

…NYC for being the setting for this so-called life I lead.

…a universe that helped me develop my dream (which included living here) and saw fit to make this dream come true. At least the powers that be got the location right! The more ideal plot line will hopefully follow.

…an apartment that allows me to keep living in the only city I could imagine living in at this point in my life.

…my job for not being completely unbearable in a time when finding a new one seems impossible.

…my cynicism and sarcasm for getting me through the hard times, and my brutal candor for keeping the good times real.

I feel like my life can only get better from here on out.

In the words of one of the "History Boys,"

"I’m not happy, but I’m not unhappy about it. "

...and for THAT I'm extremely thankful!

1 Comments:

Blogger joshuaMICHAEL said...

that's such a great line. love you, mean it :)

and kudos to NYC. no place like it.

Thursday, December 11, 2008 11:56:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home