...because each of us are always on the verge of the next big thing in our lives.

Friday, May 27, 2005

So, Funny Story...

Last evening C.B. and I attended a reading/Q&A/book signing at Barnes in Chelsea. The book: Gay Haiku. The author: Joel Derfner.

So, the book is a compilation of one-hundred-and-something haiku that every gay man can relate too, not too mention every straight and undecided reader. But more importantly, Joel Derfner is the entity that I have been tracking for some time now through his blog (a link which can be found on the sidebar to your right), The Search for Love in Manhattan.

Not that I'm a stalker, or that this Joel character is extremely attractive
(cute, yes)...it's just that sometimes we as humans find a need to have
sources of mystery in our lives. J.D. is one of my sources of mystery!
That is one of the reasons that I refused to get him to sign my copy of his
first work...the mystery would be extinguished if we exchanged greetings (or even eye contact). :-)

What was quite coincidental about the whole thing is this: We were sitting
in Krispy Kreme (my first love) enjoying some sugar-coated indulgence, when who walks in? Mr. Derfner, I presume. But no worries, no eye contact was initiated!

Okay, so the story wasn't so much funny as interesting and well told! I digress...buy the book and help a faggott out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home