...because each of us are always on the verge of the next big thing in our lives.

Monday, May 23, 2005

Of Course It Is...Why Wouldn't It Be?!

The bittersweet time of year in tele-programming is here once again. It's season finale time and
the cliffhangers are like crystal meth, they make you feel great and keep you up all night (not
that I would know what the side effects of crystal meth are...i just hear things). Thanks to one
of my very best friends (second only to my iPod) TiVo, and my current addiction to 10 shows (give or take 2 or 3 series in syndication), this is an emotional time for me and the people I've grown to love. Some of them have been in my life less than a year, but time flies when you share in scandalous acts of infidelty and promiscuous sex (not to mention one count of manslaughter that we are calling self-defense of others). Hopefully Marissa will make bail before the summer's over!

Here's my recap thus far:

Desperate Housewives: Alfre Woodard is already freaking me out and the season finale was only her second episode. And where the hell is the gay son (cut to Justin's apartment)?

Grey's Anatomy: Oh, hell no. Shepherd, that better be your EX-wife or we are through. Call me!

Summerland: It was announced earlier this month that this fabulous drama has be axed my the WB. Two words...those fuckers. Hasn't Lori Loughlin's career suffered enough?! Geez.

American Idol: Tomorrow night is the battle between Billy Ray Cyrus and Martina McBride. Judging by my choice of comparisons, I think you know who I'm pulling for! Vote for Carrie!

One Tree Hill: Tomorrow night is the two-hour season finale. Dan = Dick & Lucas = Lovah...that's all you need to know.

Sex & the City (on TBS): We have now started over with Season One. Oh, how far they went (or should we say came)!!

The O.C.: This past Thursday evening was very emotionally draining for me. When Kiki turned around during the intervention to see (my boi) Seth staring at her with those gorgeous hazel eyes (queue Kelly Clarkson hit), I shed a tear. I felt the love...unlike Kelly C (my baby's mama)!

Best Week Ever: How much do I love Rachael Harris?! Brilliant.

Saturday Night Live: I honestly only watch it for Weekend Update because Tina Fey kicks major ass!

Queer As Folk:The 5th and last season premiered last night. Line of the night: "There's none as fickle as a faggott." True Dat!

Priorities tend to surface now don't they! I obviously watch too much T.V., but at least I admit
to my habitual programming binging.

2 Items of Note:
- A recurring theme this season: Interventions. You writers need to stop having one to many
martinis together on Hollywood Boulevard. That's all I'm sayin' to ya!
-Leave it to the ground-breaking Showtime queers to schedule their season PREMIERE the week of season finales, when so many people (straight and gay alike) are already feeling the withdrawal symptoms coming on: constant paranoia, migraine headaches, chronic vomiting, etc. (BTW: just kidding about the vomiting, expect for those diehard bulemics out there).

And before you say it, I would tend to agree with you if you're thinking I can be pretty shallow
at times. I also can be a little bit racist, discriminatory and all out bitchy (not to mention
shady and unbearable)...but can't we all be these ways at times?!

Someone, please get me a mood stablizer!

Now I need to go eat a muffin :-)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'M DONE!!!!! Just thought I'd let you know. Saturday I walked... and I'm proud to say... I didn't fall or otherwise embarrass myself in front of a civic center full of people. (Some asleep, some not.) What a relief to have this school thing off my back. Now all I have to do is find a job, which is actually turning out to be more annoying than finishing up school. I think you can smell what I'm steppin' in, can you not? Well, have a great week. Love ya!

erin

ps - How about the finale of 24? Kick butt awesome... thought I was gonna have a stroke before it ended!

Tuesday, May 24, 2005 10:31:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home