...because each of us are always on the verge of the next big thing in our lives.

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Reality Rears Its Ugly Head

Speaking of reality biting, it did/does in a huge way today. Back to work, back to reality, and back to everything that I know to be true that I’ve been denying. Yes, I’m being a bit dramatic, but it’s been a LONG weekend in every since of the word.

The past 6 days are a blur, and now I have Rihanna’s ‘Rehab’ on replay for good reason.


This is how I feel about my holiday weekend:

And all of a sudden you went and left
I didn't know how to follow
It's like a shock that spun me around
And now my heart's dead
I feel so empty and hollow
It's gonna take a miracle to bring me back
And you're the one to blame

I guess that's what I get for wishful thinking
Should've never let you enter my door

It's like you were my favorite drug
The only problem is that you was using me
In a different way than I was using you
But now that I know it's not meant to be
I gotta go, I gotta wean myself off of you

It’s official: I need to drink less and live more; spend less and write more. I’m physically, emotionally and socially hung-the-fuck-over.

The next adventure starts Monday. My sis and her two BFFs are flying in for a week to take over my pad. If all goes according to expected, it’ll be just the week in rehab that this body needs!

Cheers to that, and to me sobering up from this funk in the next 24 hours. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home