...because each of us are always on the verge of the next big thing in our lives.

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Would I Consider Myself Sexually Blasé?

In a way, yes I do. But first, let’s take a look at the definition(s) of blasé (according to the American Heritage):

1. Uninterested because of frequent exposure or indulgence.
2. Unconcerned; nonchalant.
3. Very sophisticated.

Number one makes me sound like a slut, number two would make me a dick, and number three is the closest to how I would peg my blasé.

I’m mature about sex, without being too serious. I’m experienced, but not over-sexed. I choose to accept sexual encounters as part of basic human need, rather than to elevate each sex act to something more than it should me. And if ever I’m uninterested, it’s in the person and not in the act.

At the end of the day, people just wanna fuck. And that statement is not me discounting the emotional intimacy that can, and often does, accompany sex. I just choose to be quite nonchalant regarding the act until feelings for a person evolve into something that warrants sexual seriousness and overwhelming intimacy.

Sex for me is very developmental, and I’m always looking for ways to improve the next experience that I have. If that makes me “blasé”, then so be it! I’m comfortable with my body, and with the idea of it being naked with another person’s. I believe that to be a good thing :)

Sex isn’t usually considered an indulgence for couples (unless they are a lame couple), so why should I feel indulgent (it garners such a negative connotation, doesn’t it?!) priding myself on being frequently exposed to a naked roll in the hay?!

Now leave me the fuck alone after you pour me a Sex on the Beach.

Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home