...because each of us are always on the verge of the next big thing in our lives.

Saturday, December 09, 2006

We Are Dreamboyz (With Hot Asses)



In the spirit of Dreamgirls, I came across this pic last night and had to share! Talk about the Dreamettes!

And yes, I must gloat! This past week I attended an advance screening of Dreamgirls, one of the most highly-anticipated films of the year, and am ready to give a honest review:

It didn't BLOW me away, but I did have INCREDIBLY high expectations! Having said that, it was VERY enjoyable. Jennifer Hudson definitely stole the show,as many people predicted! Beyonce definitely needed to eat a muffin! I didn't like seeing Jamie Fox as a douchebag, but he played the part well! And taking into consideration that I do not like Eddie Murphy, I enjoyed him a alot in this!

I'll want to see it again for sure. But until we all can do that on Christmas Day (unless you live in New York, Los Angeles, or San Francisco and want to pay $25 for exclusive one-week engagements beginning December 15), go directly to iTunes and pick up at least two things:

(1) And I Am Telling You - Jennifer Hudson
(2) One Night Only - Disco Version (scroll down to watch the video!)

You might also want to check out Miss Jennifer Holiday's historic performance (featured at the 1982 Tony Awards) in the original Broadway musical. The quality of the video leaves much to be desired, but the performance does not!!



Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home